Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filters and Wheel purchased

Earl

After all the pondering I have gone for:

Maunal 2 inch wheel and the QHY LRGB filters. at £318 delivered my wallet decided this was the best rout to take.

Ill see how I get on with these, a bit further down the line ill be looking at another manual wheel and a Narrowband set of filters... this however will be a touch more expensive.....

• 1 month later...

What is the advantage in USB filter wheels over manual ?

I presume a fully automated system means you can press go then nip off down the pub, but does anyone do this in practice ?

a fully automated system is good, however as I intend to image with the same filter for the whole session i see no reason to spend the high prices electronic wheels can cost.

My ST80 has tracked fine, i do have a OAG however it adds a touch to much for my flattener.

i think i have a issue with my mount at present, but due to the weather I have not been able to tinker.

a fully automated system is good, however as I intend to image with the same filter for the whole session i see no reason to spend the high prices electronic wheels can cost.

If you're going to image with one filter for a complete session why bother with the expense of a filter wheel at all?

Archived