Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another daft idea

JonF

But this one really may be mad. Inspired by Stefan's huge Skywatcher based bins, I'm contemplating something a little more modest, but stilll maybe a bit crackers. Making a pair out of two Celestron C70 Mini Maks. I use one for looking at the moon and as a solar scope with a filter, and have been quite impressed with it, especially at £46 barely used, from the Devil's junk shop. I wonder.

(On the other hand, I am exceedingly tired, having just driven the length of the country, and this may be clouding my judgement, so maybe common sense will prevail in the morning). :D

But this one really may be mad

Well I don't think it is mad, if you have the two tubes it could be an interesting project. I'm always looking for an excuse to disappear

into the shed myself :)

The main problems will be accurately aligning the two tubes and making provision for adjusting the distance between them to allow use by different people.

Good luck if you go ahead.

Regards, Ed.

Archived