NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WO 80mm LOMO scope for AP

thanks for that rob. trying to find out a good reducer/flattener for it seems a bit hit and miss from what i can see. some people use the tv trf2008 will good results others seem to struggle with it with the small chip on the atik does that make it a little bit more tolerant ?

Just found out its the F/7.5 version so a bit too slow for what I want.

Oh well back to the drawing board

Whoa!

There might well be a flattener reducer that works perfectly with it. A O.8x would reduce it to F6 and that's about as fast as most refractors can be asked to go without being an F4 Pentax or Tak FSQ.

Olly

The F/6 version I was hoping it would be could be taken down to F/4.8

Do you think that's too much Olly ?

My imaging runs are limited to 2-3 hours and i only get to go out twice a month if im lucky so I can't spend an entire night imaging a target so I need to get as many of those pesky photons as quickly as possible

Just found out its the F/7.5 version so a bit too slow for what I want.

Oh well back to the drawing board

Is that the LOMO 80/600. That is a limited production model that is supposed to have even better corrected optics than the 80/480 according to those on CN. Not that I can understand how much better can it possibly be, my 80/480 is totally colour free as far as I could tell.

As for the Lomo 80/480. Have a look at this site. The TS flattener and Borg 7887 x0.8 is suppose to work best with the LOMO 80/480.

www.astrocafe.hk • ???? - In search of partner, flattener, for APM-LOMO 80/480

How old is it?

The early ones weren't that good really and were actually masked down to about 77mm to reduce CA.

A few years ago I spoke to the optics expert WO bought in to sort out the problems and he said there was nothing he could do with the scope as it was as the lens cell and tube had fundamental problems and would need replacing with a better design. He said there's no point in using a good objective if you use a cheap lens cell as it will distort the objective and cause a lot of optical problems.

So if I were considering one of the WO LOMO 80s I'd definitely want to check it out first before parting with any money.

John

BTW I had one of the early 80/600 ones. :D

Archived