NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AP with APT and Canon 50D

Still trying to get my head around what I actually need for AP. I have downloaded APT (and back yard EOS) and see that according to the list for my camera (I shall be using the Canon 50D as it has live view which will make life easier) the USB link is all that is needed. Is this in fact so or do I still need a Canon TC80 N3 to actually control the shutter? :D

Any help would be appreciated guys

I have been playing with a 10m active repeater cable between the computer and the standard camera USB lead... It works a treat got a couple more coming tomorrow as the info reckons that for self powered devices you can daisy chain a max of 5 together... only £6.95 each and free delivery which was next day...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You will soon spend it on kit .

I sincerely hope not - am up to £400 this last couple of months

Half each Pete. :D

Not on your life!!

I have been playing with a 10m active repeater cable between the computer and the standard camera USB lead... It works a treat got a couple more coming tomorrow as the info reckons that for self powered devices you can daisy chain a max of 5 together... only £6.95 each and free delivery which was next day...

Where did you get them from? I have purchased a 5 metre lead for the DSLR but you just know that when you come to use it it will be a few feet short!!

From ebay... hopefully there will be another two waiting for me when I get home... you are supposed to be able to connect up to five in series for low power or self powered devices...

I posted a link in a thread in the photography board...

From ebay... hopefully there will be another two waiting for me when I get home... you are supposed to be able to connect up to five in series for low power or self powered devices...

I posted a link in a thread in the photography board...

Thanks for the tip I'll look them up

Archived