A little experiment.

ollypenrice

Yves and I are working on ideas for speeding things up. We've just tried using a colour layer from my OSC camera and TEC140 with the luminance layer from his ODK14. It comes out looking remarkably like the all-ODK version.

Veeery interestink...

A tandem??

Olly

It does sound like a very interesting combination though... IIRC there were long discussions about usign binned color data over unbinned luminance in the past so I guess this is somewhwere along the same lines... Registar (of which you are a master) will eat the combination...

Coat and Blanket already on... it's freezing in the office today - knocked the heating off for the bank holiday weekend and its storage heating so wont get any "input" until cheap rate tonight...

What a difference in a few weeks weather - luckily I had the SGL7 week off with warm sunny days everyone else is off this week...

I've been playing with a similar idea using the L from the H9 on the 132 and the colour from the Canon1000d with the Tak 102 using Registar to align them and then layering using PS

Not in the same league as your experiment

sometimes it works sometimes it does not

not sure why as yet

clear skies ended for more trials

Steve

It is, in effect, very like using binned colour. The issue with DSLRs as colour collectors is that they don't seem to get much star colour, though one or two DSLR guys manage to do so. I wonder if a few short 'star colour only' subs might avoid blowing the stars to white?

Olly

Archived