NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Price Increase?

Stephen

Hopefully FLO could comment, but has anyone heard anything about an increase in RRP by Baader?

I've been advised by two (less well known) retailers that they are imposing an increase (up to 25% in some cases) immediately.

Hopefully they are both wrong, but with the recent TV and Celestron increase .....

I wouldn't be surprised.

Real costs are rising, and once TeleVue increased prices, only a matter of time for others to follow, as we all know we only buy other brand eyepieces as a percentage of performance at percentage of the TV prices :)

Perry on mobile (so blame strange words on text prediction!)

This increase is a strange one, last year I read an article in National Geographic about China's global supply of "Rare Earth Metals" and how they export 75% of them such as Neodymium and other metals used in the coatings of optics.

They are are apparently reducing their export down to just 25% to focus on supplying their internal market and no doubt increasing the value of material and share price of the mining companies.

This is obviously not the whole cause of price jump in optics but I wonder could have some leverage.

Archived