NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rainy Day.....Subs to Play With?

Hi all,

On a miserable day I'd like to have a go at processing some DSO's.

Trouble is I don't have an imaging set up (yet) and certainly no data.

Does anyone have any data that they are prepared to share so that I can have a go?

What have you got? I'd like to find a set of LRGB subs, flats and darks, preferably with a few flaws that will require correction (bloated stars or trails)?

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ... its still raining - and I'm in the same 'boat' in that I would really like to try out DeepSkyStacker but don't have any raw data to play with. If anyone has any sample subs that they would be willing to share so that I can learn how to use DSS that would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks.... tough I'm not entirely sure what to do with that TIF file. I tried loading it into DSS and it says there's only one frame. Am I doing something wrong? I was expecting maybe a zip file containing the 'raw' (21 x 5 min) subs? Does that 70Mb TIF contain all the subs already stacked maybe?

Archived