Astrotech 106mm EDT - a question....

Hi,

A question to anyone who has this scope, or can help in any way....

For the second time in about six months, I took the cap off the scope and found a small allen bolt loose in the cap. I've had the scope for a few years and can't see any obvious place where they could have come from. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone know how to remove the dew shield to have a check over where they might go?

Picture below. Thanks in advance

5c06c233-3d0c-0b4b.jpg

Stu

Weird one this :) The photo suggests that they haven't ever been fitted to anything, no witness marks. Cap head Allen screws are usually fitted where a good strong fix is required, telescope screw sets usually come in 3's so look out for the last one. I hope there is no damage to the objective. An email to Astrotech might throw some light on to the mystery.

Thanks Peter. I hadn't considered that they might not have been fitted but you are right, it does look like that. It was very strange, no hint of rattling, they just appeared in the lens cap when I went to use the scope. I normally store it objective end down so don't think any damage has been done.

A good suggestion, I shall drop Astrotech a note.

Cheers

Stu

Archived