Hi To All, nice to see that Celestron scopes are coming in - so the long wait is nearly over - just found this :-

Saturn's Moons

Shows you where the different moons are at any given time - also match the view to your individual scope for correct orientation. save it as a bookmark - similar to the Mars profiler :-

Mars Profiler

Cloudy here for the next few nights so back to the armchair Astronomy

Paul.

Thanks for that Paul. The Saturns moons link is just what i needed a couple of weeks back.

Had a quick look and now i can definately say i've bagged three of Saturns moons.

Titan

Rhea

Dione.

Thanks again Paul.

D.C

Nice 1 guys, its nice to know exactly what your looking at, with different orientations it becomes a little tricky, I can get Titan, Rhea and Tethys just about with the 127mm Mak from my back garden but that's about all. Think that Dione is .1 of a mag fainter, but couldn't see it the other night, maybe over a few nights observing under different sky conditions it may be there but as yet had no luck, the SE sky is blocked for me so have to wait a while until Saturn rises high enough and then viewing over roofs/chimneys so not the best - but keep trying, also Jupiter and Venus not the best over in the west - too many lights in the front garden - so I just stay in the back garden, not too bad here - no lights nearby but have to put up with sky glow/light pollution from the near towns, only til you get up direct overhead the skies at its darkest - really bad when I had the dob to try and find my way directly overhead, but the GOTO helps with this. Paul.

Archived