NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Magnification range

Hi again. Have recently aquired a new Barlow and will soon (next week) be receiving a new 26mm wideangle ep. Once my new ep arrives, the magnifications I will have are as follows :- 25, 32.5, 52, 62.5, 65, 81.25, 130 & 162.5. Are there any other mags I will need for general viewing or have I covered them all ? Cheers chaps and chirps. Regards Ally:iamwithstupid:

You might want something around 180x - 200x for nights of really good seeing conditions. You seem to have some near duplication in the middle ranges - you may find yourself skipping 32x and 62.5x in practice. Otherwise you are well covered.

That's a good range - theres a gap for 100x and the 62.5x is a bit close to 65x so there's a little redundancy. I'd suggest something around 180x but it might be a bit "iffy" with a 130 reflector. You can allways borrow one to try out and see what you think. :)

Archived