Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Double Stars app & Catalogue

MG1

Now I have to admit to not doing as much visual as I should now that I seem to spend my Astro time fiddling with laptops and cameras etc...and one reason is that I've always found it difficult to know what's up there.

Particularly when it comes to things like double stars.

Well I just stumbled upon a great little app that not only has a great doubles catalogue, but also filters sky tours based around your location, time and kit (inc bins!)

Coupled with an adjustable red screen check list it might just provide the motivation to get me back into some proper visual astronomy.

Search for 'DoubleStars' in the apple app store and give it a whirl...only 69p.

Thanks Mike - and thanks for the shout out. We ran beta testing over the winter with some volunteers from this forum. Their input was invaluable. The app is much improved for it. We're delighted with this first release and hope youll enjoy using it! Suitable for anyone with scope, binocs or ....eyes!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived