Second Hand EP Costs !!

I have been looking on Ebay for the last couple of weeks for a few EP's, as I am on a tight budget I though I would grab a couple of bargains on there, how wrong was I !!

They seem to be selling for more than the cost of a brand new EP !!

So off to the Telescope Shop for me this weekend I think for some bargain brand news ones !!

It really depends on the eyepiece in question. Often ebay madness takes over during the final bidding frenzy.

What eyepiece were you looking at? Televue and Pentax is never cheap and a used smooth side Meade plossl (Japanese) do fetch a higher price than a new Meade Series 4000 plossl (Chinese).

I curently have a 10mm and 20mm that came with the scope so looking to replace these first, nothing too expensive, I have seen the Vixel NPL's at FLO and may go for a couple of those to start with?

It's not just EPs. I'd been looking at scopes on ebay prior to buying one from a reputable dealer, the Buy It Now prices are £20 - £30 higher than anywhere else. You could make a living from actually buying new and then flogging for a profit at the bay. Crazy that they actually sell - there seems to be an assumption that buying on ebay automatically gets you a bargain. Or maybe it's just an unwillingness to shop around. ;)

Its crazy how the eBay bidding has been going lately, I think its the challenge of winning the ep in the last minute, only to realize for a £5 more you could of got a brand new one. I was lucky enough to win a Vixen npl 15mm for £20 recently (which is about right I think) but its rare nowadays.

Archived