Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10" dobsonian choice ?

ok , so it seems the 10" skywatcher skyliner solid tube is discontinued, so the options would be if i was to buy new.

gso i pressume ?

i probably wont buy new,i'll delve into the s/h market, but just planning ahead,would the gso be the only other main option ?

and wondered also why they stopped producing them, i thought they were a seller ?

+1 for truss. Ignore the people who say its not worth the extra, they usually don't own one. I do*. Easier to handle through doorways etc, does not need collimation on every extend.

* googles "confirmation bias"

a truss, i saw matt (taffy_2)'s 300p and even though it is bigger i could easly use that so a 250P would be fine

as jon said avoide meade unless you like spendimg money afterwards mods to get it to be the equivlent,

hell, you could get a solid tube and convert it to a truss afterwards :(

I'd go for Skywatcher or Orion. Orion are more expensive but both have excellent optics.

Have looked through both but personally the Skywatcher wins hands down. But replace the 10mm eyepiece that comes with it for a better one and get a Tal Barlow.

Happy days :(

Archived