Finally Ordered! SW 200p dob - EP help!

I was lucky enough to order quickly from FLO and am now waiting for my new SW 200p dob to arrive With a premium Cheshire collaminator :(

They showed out of stock again within around an hour!

I was looking to maybe add an eyepiece to the order? What are the Celestron Omni Plossl like? I was gonna get a 6mm. And then wait and add some others as money allows. Are there any other decent EPs in the £30 kind of range?

I already have a 2x SW deluxe barlow.

Thanks,

Vixen NPL are apparently very good and only £30. For a bit more you can get a BST explorer for £47, you'l be hard pushed to find better quality for such a low price, they're amazing.

Personally, i'd get an 8mm. It's a reliable mag to use, some nights don't allow for any more and i reckon a 6mm will be too much on many nights, especially with the big temperature changes between warm days and cold nights now.

My 8mm spends more time in my scope than any others, it's great for planets, moon, and globs.

GSO Revelations or Meade 4000s are alternative plossls and both are good choices.

Rather then go straight out for higher magnification you could consider a 32mm plossl for widefield viewing, to take advantage of the 200P dob.

I'll throw in my vote for the Vixen NPL's. Word round here lately is that they are on par with the BST's.

Personally i love them because they are top quality for a small price. Very sharp views and the contrast is amazing.

The 8mm is the one i use for observing planets. I dont think planets need much more magnification then this. The 15mm is a nice mid-range size and the 30mm is great for hunting galaxies and other DSO's.

Just bought a Vixen NPL 8mm brand new on ebay for £27.50 so should get that just after the scope!

I will probably then get a 30mm for some DSO's

Thanks for the advice. I changed the brand and size due to this advice!

Archived