NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

had an aweful night- make me feel better

richbyers

anyone else found viewing conditions terrible tonight? was really great at about 6, great sunset, but it became light flooded with the moon, and then misty after it went down....then to top it off dew finished off my nights viewing....bah!

In York I've had an unexpected half hour session. Didnt expect clear skies so immediately cooled the scope... To be honest the moon was very bright and washed out the sky. I tried galaxy hunting around the plough (m105) but the limiting mag was too low. I gave up quickly and just looked at Saturn (disappointing atmospheric conditions) then the moon (which is quite forgiving on conditions)... By the time I looked up again, the moon had a mist halo and Cassiopeia was disappearing! This at least explains why the planets were so disappointing tonight.

However on the bright side, I didn't expect any viewing given the forecast, and I got my hands on a new toy (sky safari on iPhone) - brilliant app as you can customize sky with your limiting magnitude and/or scopes potential...

On a separate note, I can't wait to upgrade the ep's in a couple of weeks time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived