Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Field Flattener options

I have a SW Equinox 80 ED PRO and I am using it with a WO 2" focus extender tube and FLO 2" T Mount Adapter with a DSLR for imaging, and it works OK and focusses well etc - BUT I want to add a Field Flattener (not necessarily a FL reducer) into the path to improve/correct image around the edges.

There are loads of Equinox users in this forum I believe, what do you guys use, if anything, for image correction ?

It has been suggested I might want to try the new WO Flattener for GT81 here First Light Optics - William Optics Flattener for GT-81 , has anyone used this with an Equinox 80 and is it a good match or have you used something else, if so what ?

Thanks for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

The GT81 flattener that was suggested as a try by FLO although quoted as a 2" item has a 32mm aperture, surely this would reduce the optical path of a 2" system to not much better that a 1.25" system?

The TS flattener boasts a 45mm aperture and would do the job well but at 299 € is a tad expensive for a £500 equinox.

Someone must be using a flattener with an equinox 80 somewhere?

Sent from my iPad

Archived