Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD & Sync

Penfold

On Sunday night I set up my scope, slewed to Mars and centered it and then synced, the software showed 1 in the box. I then slewed to my image choice M101 centered this as it was a tad off and synced again, now 2 in the box.

My scope was a happy bunny with a nice guiding graph (everything less than +/- 0.5 of a pixel, which I hope is good).

I then parked the scope and left everything out ready for last night, so I powered up and slewed to Mars again but it was out and upon checking EQMOD the sync data was missing.

So does EQMOD store the data or do I have to save it?

And as an aside is using Mars a good idea? I chose it because it's close to M101 and bright early on so I can get set up without waiting for other starts to appear.

EQMOD can be configured to save your alignment points as the are added, when you park or you can manually save them. EQMOD can also be configured to load a previously saved alignment model on unpark, or you can do it manually. Please review the youtube tutorials for details of how to set the various options.

Generally its not a great idea to sync on extended objects like planets and deep space objects. Best to use stars if you can.

Chris

OK Thanks guys, I'll look for the auto save option.

The reason I synced on a DSO is that Maxim allows you to load in a previous image and then sync to the image.

But I shall remember that for when I'm not imaging.

Archived