NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Satellite identification

peterbolson

I was observing M64 at 9.55 last night when 2 satellites went across it in the same orbit about 1 degree apart. I've often wondered whether there is any on line resource for identifying these or whether there are just too many of them (how many are there ? ) to make that possible.

Thanks Starlight

Could you explain how you got this information ? I've entered my coordinates in the heavens -above website & seached the daily predictions but can't find it. I can't find Iridium 20 at all in the list & the time for Cosmos 1933 is later. I'm obviously doing something wrong ! Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Thanks Starlight

Could you explain how you got this information ? I've entered my coordinates in the heavens -above website & seached the daily predictions but can't find it. I can't find Iridium 20 at all in the list & the time for Cosmos 1933 is later. I'm obviously doing something wrong ! Am I looking in the wrong place ?

I set Starry night pro to go back to the time you have put in and then put in find m64 and bingo.

Archived