Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TV 20mm Plossl - bargin at £30

NickK

Picked up a TV 20mm Possl for £30 at bring'n'buy SGL7.

Currently the Pentax is running imaging duties so I can't get to try it until later tonight but.. I'm impressed by it's clarity with the little A80Mf where the 910mm acro gives me 45x.

The moon detail is exceptionally high, detail and brightness. Jupiter gives lovely small band detail with planets in the FoV. Mars is a little small but shows hints of mottling.

The 13mm Baader Hyperion (70x in the A80Mf) I think the plossl gives better resolution and brightness.

Nice doing business with you Nick :blob10:

Glad you enjoyed it, I found out I don't use it as much, now I've got a 24mm Hyperion as a finding/widefield eyepiece.

And then I usually go straight to 12mm BST for general DSO viewing.

I nearly had that but I um'd and ah'd and you nipped in and had it, chuffed with the William oPtics zoom I got instead, light years ahead of the cheap plossls I had been using. Watching Saturn rush towards you as you zoom in is quite something, all I need now is a scope worthy of it.

Archived