NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Planetary eyepiece.

mert

What do you mean by "better" ?

The ETX is 1900mm FL that makes 237x with the 8mm.

If you are thinking of more then I doubt you will get it. At 237x I would say you are getting to or above the limits of the scope to deliver a decent image. Suspect you are at the scope limits and the atmosphere may not really allow it either.

Your signature says:

T: Meade 12" LX90 - ACF

T: Meade ETX-125 UTHC

E: Televue 8mm Plossl, 12mm Nagler T4

E: 30mm 2" AFOV:80 degree ultra wide angle

E: Skywatcher Panview 38mm

12mm Nagler, that should be a lot better then the 8mm as the magnification is around 170x and more within the capabilities of the scope.

Hi

I mean a sharper eyepiece, not more power, maybe it's me, the scope, or the conditions, but I feel it's not quite there with sharpness. I had not used the scope for a month, I had a chance the other night, the seeing was good but Jupiter did not look that clear through the 8mm.

I have some Bobs Knobs coming this week as it's never been collimated, it has been in the car a few times up North and back, I'm also building a diy obs next week, dragging it in and out the house and the cool down periods were a pain :blob10:

Maybe it's a combination of all the above.

Hi Mert,

I also have the TV 8mm Plossl and ive found it to be the sharpest eyepiece that ive used at 8mm you will do well to keep it, i had a 7mm BGO and it was no sharper one had to go so i kept the TV.

Good luck with your search for your ultimate eyepiece mine is just starting.

If you're after increased sharpness then have you thought about orthos?

No, I'll have a look at those. cheers

Hi Mert,

I also have the TV 8mm Plossl and ive found it to be the sharpest eyepiece that ive used at 8mm you will do well to keep it, i had a 7mm BGO and it was no sharper one had to go so i kept the TV.

Good luck with your search for your ultimate eyepiece mine is just starting.

I'm starting to think it's been bad luck on my behalf with the seeing or the scope needs collimated, I don't want to go for anything more than 8mm. I wont sell the TV, was just wondering if a Nagler or similar would be better? For the ultimate is the Ethos not just that :blob10:

Archived