SPC880 (900) Colour problems

Is it a mod'ed webcam? I don't know what you paid for it but if it was expensive it may have had the chip change mod to b/w. I had mine done and daytime pictures come out with a red'ish/pink'ish tinge. Normal price is currently around £30-£40, expensive would be £85-£100 roughly. Just an idea.... :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the further replies.

I have tweaked every setting possible and i have never seen more than two colours on screen.

pointing at a lush green bush, with a blue sky, grey road and brown bricks for example, would just have the whole scene washed in one colour. whites become pink etc.

when lowering exposure it just gets darker but the lack of colour remains.

So using the 'macros' to switch betwen modes can only be done in xp?

Unfortunately i know very little about what has been done to it so far, as i bought it second hand.

it does seem to be a similar issue to what Andrew describes...

I will try using an xp emulator and switching modes again.

Kind reagrds

Dave

Loaded the XP emulator as Tribal-wolf suggested. Ran iris, just to fire up the webcam, then ran the macro for optimised colour. Worked a treat! full colour again.

Thanks TW, and I hope you manage to get yours going again Dave.

Andrew.

Archived