Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MonkeyHead Nebula : 6 Hours TS SuperNewt @F2.8

Catanonia

I have worked out what the strange markings on my calibrated images were. It was down to light penetration at the primary mirror end of the TS SuperNewt (basically a GSO type scope)

The light was getting in behind the primary and causing all sorts of wierd patterns on the subs that no flats could remove. It had me going barmy for ages until I remember a post by a member of SGL about black bags over the rear of GSO scope to solve wierd patterns.

So I elastic banded a black teashirt over the rear of the scope and yippee, it seems to have fixed it.

So here is 6 hours at F2.8 on the MonkeyHead Nebula NGC 2174

3 hours in 10min subs for Ha unbinned

3 hours in 3 min subs for LRGB unbinned

Scope : TS SuperNewt @F2.8 FL 568mm

CCD : QHY9 mono + 2 inch QHY LRGB filters and OrangeBright 8nm Ha

Guide : NEQ6 Pro with TS OAG and QHY5 + PHD

Software : PixInsight, CS5

Attached here is the full uncropped version.

AstroBin - MonkeyHead Nebula : NGC 2174 (Catanonia)

I hope you like it, been some time since I posted.

post-16631-133877751413_thumb.jpg

Great colours and star colour Cat. Full Astrobin version is lovely. Something weird still going on at the bottom of the image particularly at the corners ?

Just living with the fact I can't get the CCD perfectly square or the distances perfect @F2.8. I was going to 80% crop, but left it there.

Glad you like it, was nice to get out and imaging again after all this time.

Archived