NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My AP1200 goes mobile!

RobH

Hi all.....I decided that I wanted to take a big scope to SGL7.

That meant taking the big AP mount out of the observatory....but what to put it on?

The AP portable piers are over $600 and need to be imported, so at least a grand by the time everything's been paid I would think.....much too expensive.

Anyway, I decided to build a tripod, and this is it.....I had a few bits of 1 inch ply around, and captive clam cleats from my sailing days, so....total cost, £23 and 2 days work

Off to SGL7 with it tomorrow ;)

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-133877749549_thumb.jpg

Nice one neighbour...;);):icon_salut:

My wimpy EQ3-pro was already going to feel inadequate... now it's gone to hide completely...:o:evil6:;)

Peter...

It could probably hide in the shadow of one of that things legs could it not? :p

I have just re-checked the layout and I am a couple of pitches away so I might be able to persuade my gear to come out of hiding...

Very Nice work Mr H... I am just wondering which Beast/Beasts are going to be on top of it!!!

Whatever they are I look forward to seeing them in action..

Peter...

Archived