Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One of 'those' nights!

matt_man21

Well I've been out in the garden for the past 2 hours Experiencing everything that can possibly go wrong with my first tentative attempts at imaging a faint galaxy, So far I've had, Satellites, A broken dew heater that now necessitates a trip down the garden with the hair dryer every 20 mins to blast the dew off my corrector plate, a bus that decided to park with it's lights on in the road at the bottom of the garden, A cat playing with my cables and kindly unplugging the laptop for me causing guiding to go up the creek and a slipping Dec clutch!!!!

However i'm DETERMINED to get an RGB image of M101, There is no force except cloud that's going to stop me from trying tonight.

Has anybody else had a night like this, Where everything that can go wrong will?

Matt (in a wooly hat) ;)

My commiserations.

I had different, but equally frustrating, imaging problems myself. I find that the main problem living in a country blessed with a climate that allows you one night's imaging every three weeks, is that you never really sort out those niggling technical issues. By the time the next clear night comes around, you have to go through the whole ghastly, frustrating process again. It's amazing that we achieve anything!

Very funny Matt made me lol. I hope your efforts will be rewarded with superb images.

I am yet to attempt imaging but it sounds like there are difficulties that I had not imagined.

Archived