Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

a bit of advice please

hi all just had my first sight of saturn from my bedroom window wow what a sight not very clear though could just make out the rings i have a sw 130p and the lenses that came with it a 10mm and a 25mm its an f5 scope so i need an eyepiece that suits it i was looking at the celestron ones 4mm or 6mm but they say for f6 or slower scopes does anyone know which one would work best for my scope

cheers dean

Either the 6mm or 4mm would work OK with your scope although 4mm eyepieces can be a pain to view though, depending on their design. The TMB Planetary clones are around £40 each and have a decent 4mm in the range.

You will get much better views by getting your scope away from the house though. The heat rising around the scope and going out of the window will really lower the quality of the view, especially at higher magnifications. Viewing through or out of windows is really not recommended.

I assume your bedroom is on an upper floor, if so then the quality of your viewing is going to be affected by heat rising from downstairs which will distort the atmosphere. As regard to an eyepiece the 10mm that comes with the scope is not great, I can recommend the BST Explorer range which should go well with your scope and are very reasonable priced. Do a search on ebay for BST.

thanks john will have look at them only went upstairs to view saturn as theres a dirty great big tree in my line of sight from back garden to see saturn at a reasonable hour but thanks for the advice

cheers dean

Archived