Anchoring down the tripod

Thanks

Do you have the weight suspended in mid air or find something heavy enough to sit on the ground to create downward force.

I was thinking of using bungees and a couple of 20kg weights?

If you have a mount like an EQ5/6, you have a long bolt that screws vertically up into the mount. On that bolt you can screw on a plate and hook that hangs downwards.

You can then hang anything off it. I usually hang my power tank off it, but could be a bag of rocks, gravel, bricks etc.

Many good photographic tripods have this feature for this very reason.

If you observe from solid concrete, drill some holes, put in some ground anchor rings. Then put your tripod above them and then use tie down straps to connect to the ground. Careful though, those ratchet straps can have a lot of power.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks, laser_jock

For use in the Garden, I think I will find a way of making a solid anchor point.

cheers

Ali

This is the best solution if you can get, or get made, a pier that your mount can fit onto, and if you have decent seeing from your garden.

Would love to be able to do this myself, but I do not have a dark enough site,

Archived