Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

which eyepiece or both

the x-cel lx range are generally considered alot better than the old xl range. not sure which you have and want to buy ?

the meade zoom is handy if you dont want to faf about changing eyepieces.

the meade has a good reputation,but many on the forum recomend the baader hyperion zoom. cost more though.

a browse around the eyepiece forum would be your best bet ,loads of info on zooms and fixed e/p's.

The Meade zoom is a good one but the Baader zoom is the one I'd recommend above it. You may also want a good quality wide angle 2" eyepiece say 30mm+ for the bigger dso objects like open clusters and galaxies ;)

The Meade zoom is a good one but the Baader zoom is the one I'd recommend above it. You may also want a good quality wide angle 2" eyepiece say 30mm+ for the bigger dso objects like open clusters and galaxies ;)

Hi

for the " ep which 30mm+ would you recommend?

many thanks

Well - I found the GSO 32mm or the WO Swan 33mm to be quite nice medium priced ep's - can get 'em quite cheap s/h in great condition. But now I use a 35mm Panoptic which is superb. I've heard good things about TMB's but haven't used them myself - so there's a few options for you but there are others ;)

Archived