NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Skysurfer III 30mm RDF

Ant, if you could send a pic, I'd be appreciative as always amigo :wink:. I'd also be interested in what you think of it too....

EDIT: Just seen your thread about it, looks like it should do the job :cool:. I'll await for you first light on it.

KH, I believe they've got the bigger Skysurfer V, whereas I'm looking at the smaller (and cheaper!) III model. But as I said, I'm open to suggestions...

I've got my name down for one of those Equinox 80's that will hopefully come early next month. With the Meade and Vixen not being available, I very nearly bought a ED Pro 2, but the lure of a dual speed crayford was too much...And of course it looks the mutts nuts :lol:. When I get into imaging, piggy-backing it on top of my C8N would look schmooov 8).....

Tony...

Here's the pic.

634_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

As I said in the thread it is not ideal but it does work, it has the advantage of being able to completely remove the finder and leave the scope unmarked!

I does mean that the focuser is upside down, but in the dark I cannot see that it is goign to make a lot of difference.

Ant

I bought a Skysurfer III from D Hinds last week. It works really well for what I want. I'm only looking at the moon and planets these days, so no star hopping needed.

Russ

Archived