Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Import duty

MartinB

Thinking about an EM200 as welll Gordon.

What, this EM200?

image.jpg

:shock: Let me get this straight Ron. You just happen to have an EM200 hanging around on a sun lounger! I'm pinching myself here

:wink::cool: I wish Martin, I had no Idea what it was you were meaning when you said "EM200 too". So, I did a search, and when I saw this image I guessed It was probably what you were referring to.

Looks to be a pricy animal, doesn't it.

:lol:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Takahashi EM200 is what the EQ6 is a clone of. Needless to say the original is a better mount albeit a little more expensive.

Martin, if you are looking around that range look at the AP900 too. They go second hand for about £7k but it's likely the last mount you would buy. (and not because the missus would kill you)

The Takahashi EM200 is what the EQ6 is a clone of. Needless to say the original is a better mount albeit a little more expensive.

Martin, if you are looking around that range look at the AP900 too. They go second hand for about £7k but it's likely the last mount you would buy. (and not because the missus would kill you)

No, it would be because the missus would kill me! TBH I think the AP900 would only justify itself if I had an observatory, which isn't feasible at the mo. I know it can be carried out in bits but my set up and strip down time would be longer and I wont be using the size of scope that would make it worthwhile.

The EM-200 Temma II sells for roughly $5500 so that = £2750 + importing costs.

Trutek sell it for £2621 (non goto version) Hardly worth the bother importing at that price.

I agree Jamie. I've spoken to Nick Hudson at Trutek who was very helpful. It would only be the AP I would consider importing.

I've pretty well made up my mind to go down the EM200 route - it has a superb polar alignment scope and I gather that drift alignment isn't necessary except for very long focal lengths. For a non permanent set up this is a major advantage. So I need to sell a boat and a GPDX to help the funding. Anyone want to buy a multi race winning laser dinghy, race rigged, full and radial sails, ready to go!!!! PLEASE!!!

I'm expecting delivery of a couple of nice but used eyepieces from the USA any day now - I reckon I could easily get caught by this and my budget buys won't seem such good value :)

Oh well, can't do anything about it now !.

John

And I did !! - by the time I'd paid duty plus the "handling fee" the saving over the UK used price was rather modest at best :D

Oh well they are great eyepieces :lol::p:lol:

John

Archived