Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What to buy?

• 2 weeks later...

William optics have an online store priced indollars with many items cut at the moment.......

I bought a ZS 80 semi last week. Still waiting for the sting - i checked and import to UK with telescopes is set at 4% with VAT at 17.5% so not majorly bad. Compared to GBP prices over here anyhow :D

That's odd Hix, did you see this bit on the front page?

"Please be informed that we do NOT process billing addresses/orders from outside North America."

Or is this from their Ebay shop??

Tony..

"Hi Adrian,

We have an online shop with all the prices in it.

You can access it from:

www.williamoptics.com

If there is anything you need, please send us an email.

If you want to switch sides, and buy something from our Ferrari line, feel

free to check www.williamopticsracing.com ! ;-)"

He knows full well that i am from the UK. I bought the scope from the ebay shop but enquired about accs. He seems very willing to ship. If you register it will even quote for shipping to the UK........

you can check at president@williamoptics.com though to be 100% - seems all gravy to me though :D

"Hi Adrian,

We have an online shop with all the prices in it.

You can access it from:

www.williamoptics.com

If there is anything you need, please send us an email.

If you want to switch sides, and buy something from our Ferrari line, feel

free to check www.williamopticsracing.com ! ;-)"

He knows full well that i am from the UK. I bought the scope from the ebay shop but enquired about accs. He seems very willing to ship. If you register it will even quote for shipping to the UK........

you can check at president@williamoptics.com though to be 100% - seems all gravy to me though :D

Hm, interesting! Keep us informed on how it pans out and how much you pay in total. I was under the impression that their Ebay shop was alright about international shipping, but their shop at the web site didn't ship overseas. Maybe that's just lip service...

Saying that, I'd be a bit wary about buying expensive stuff from overseas because if it arrives broken, any savings you've made have gone straight down the toilet.

Tony..

Hm, interesting! Keep us informed on how it pans out and how much you pay in total. I was under the impression that their Ebay shop was alright about international shipping, but their shop at the web site didn't ship overseas. Maybe that's just lip service...

Saying that, I'd be a bit wary about buying expensive stuff from overseas because if it arrives broken, any savings you've made have gone straight down the toilet.

Tony..

INSURED SHIPPING :D

INSURED SHIPPING :D

Believe me mate, that means absolutely nothing. If your item arrives broken and the seller decides not to do anything, there's not a great deal you can do TBH. Besides, you'd still have to send it back which would cost and therefore negating any savings you would have made.

Tony..

I'm waiting (and have been for a month now) for some collimation tools to arrive. The supplier is doing all he can to trace the parcel (which we can only confirm arrived in the UK three weeks ago). As it stands if the package is lost I have to wait 60 days before we can make a claim for it and only then can the supplier send another set - with the risk the same thing will happen again. With items you can't get in the UK I'll take this chance but for items that are available here I stick to local buying...

Archived