NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Mars....

Ringrocket

Finally back here.

I put my scope outside yesterday and recorded my first Mars.

Everything was done in Registax-5. I have yet to find what I want to aim for. I guess I recorded with too much red ?

I just compared my picture taken yesterday (15 March) with some of other people and think most detail really belongs there and are not just artefacts. However I have no idea yet what they are (besides the polar cap). I tried Winjupos and Google-mars but couldn't find a map to compare with my image.....

I'm really excited :)

Now it's back to reading and experimenting to improve....

video0007 12-03-15 23-36-45_a3150.bmp

post-24724-133877747799_thumb.jpg

post-24724-133877747804_thumb.jpg

Looks like the big Mak to me, even better if its the small one, i reckon you could get more focal length out of the 6", just a bit more will show quite a bit more detail.

But these look nice. White clouds standing out well, Getting more red as a balance isnt a bad thing, and can be adjusted later on registax rgb balance one click auto adjust

Well done on your first Mars, and a nice one at that ps could you post up a png plz, no worrys if its too much hassle

Hello,

Thanks for the response ! I used the 150MAK and DBK

@ Neil: Thanks, I recorded at f27 so will try a bit higher next time...

I don't have a png, but I do have a TIF which I can upload ?

I wanted to save the stacked image before wavelets etc., and I thought FIT would be good, however I now have three FIT (RGB separate) files which I can't open in Registax for processing. Is there another way to save the stack so that I don't have to redo the registering and stacking ?

Also any other tips would be very welcome. Now I just used center of gravity and stacked 2400 of 7000 frames (best 96 % quality).

Jeffrey

Hello,

Thanks for the response ! I used the 150MAK and DBK

@ Neil: Thanks, I recorded at f27 so will try a bit higher next time...

I don't have a png, but I do have a TIF which I can upload ?

I wanted to save the stacked image before wavelets etc., and I thought FIT would be good, however I now have three FIT (RGB separate) files which I can't open in Registax for processing. Is there another way to save the stack so that I don't have to redo the registering and stacking ?

Also any other tips would be very welcome. Now I just used center of gravity and stacked 2400 of 7000 frames (best 96 % quality).

Jeffrey

Hi if you wanted to save before wavelets why not just save a tiff.

yes i think you can save the processing run however its not something ive done. So maybe somebody who has can chip in. I also use centre of gravity, its the prefered method i think. im sure the fits can be converted in another program so registax will open them, but again its not something ive used, i always work in tiff bmp and png depending what im doing

Archived