Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Apollo 10x85 inter pupil distance

neilm

Okay, they’re really good binoculars, well pleased with them but…..They’re weighty old things, my tripod is enough to handle them but the right ocular (if that’s the correct term) never wants to stay where I’ve set it to match my eyes, its keeps dropping down so I have to either readjust them or keep hand on it. Is there a way to tighten every thing up so it keeps the inter pupil distance correct.

Thanks

Neil

Is it the whole right hand tube that drops? If so, the hinge needs tightening. (I've never actually held the binocular, so not certain how to do it, but it's often a grub-screw-secured brass screw at one or other end of the hinge.)

Of course, if they are still under warranty, get the vendor to do it so you don't invalidate the warranty.

BTW, do you mean 15x85 or 22x85? If so, see what's under the cover plate at either end of the hinge, if you don't mind experimenting.

Archived