Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Im new to Star gazing and been getting the same problem every now and then just had everything setup and line up to Mars and all im seeing is the reflection of the mirror in the eye piece tried on Jupiter and venus aswell and same, i lined it on top of someones house and on top of aerial and made sure spotting scope was line up properly making sure i wasnt getting a reflection of anything and it was spot on no reflection from the mirror, can anyone help ? can take pics if possible.

i have viewed the moon the other night and had no problems its only when i try to look at planets , i can see small stars . when i focus out slowly i can still see the mirror and when i focus it gets smaller and smaller to the point where it looks like a bright star, cant understand how i can see the moon , small stars but not planets ??

thanks for the quick reply

That is exactly what it is like

But im not that silly not to have EP in.

tried with 10mm and 25mm wide angel + 2x Barlow with Both.

i can See stars with the 25mm. but soon as i swing round t oany of the planets i try to focus and see the Primary with the spider....

thanks Astro-Imp your right just was focusing in and out too quick.

just me being a numpty! :)

Just seen Mars Yea! had to come in and put the kids to bed now tho will be back out soon as there asleep!

(shame cause our eyes just got adjusted too!)

just me being a numpty! :)

Don't put yourself down we've all been there and done something that seems stupid when you know better. Just put it down to experience and make the next slip up :)

Glad to have helped you get sorted.

Archived