Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

VNC (remote PC control) suggestions please

steppenwolf

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In light of your very helpful comments, I now suspect that this is a firewall issue but as it all worked over the Internet just fine, I originally discounted this as a cause of the problem. I will have a few minutes later this morning so will have another look.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Yes it probably a firewall problem, mine worked ok over the internet but not over lan, strange! and it would work one way but not the other - both machines using vista, so who knows?

Either disable the firewall on the obs comp (not good) or uninstall and install a different one, I used zonealarm.

Thanks all, I am now up and running very smoothly with UltraVNC (thanks John - jgs001). This application installed seemlessly on both client and server machines and makes the 'Remote Desktop' that I used to use on the old observatory PC look like something out of the dark ages!

I downloaded the free software from UltraVNC - VNC - Remote Support Software - Remote PC Access Service - UVNC - Free - OpenSource if anyone else is interested in using this software and more specifically from here for the Windows version.

Archived