Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ANother go at M42 - 8x5 sec subs, no darks

Cloengaa

nice, want to try that myself but cloudy here, just got home to find my digital camera mount arrived today (only got a compact) still only got my 250 skywatcher last week as a first scope so may struggle with a dob without any tracking, but got to be worth a go.

I am doing this with a Newt 200P DS on a NEQ6 Pro with a Canon EOS 1100 unmodded. But my mount is not polaraligned or anything, and its at home from the lightpolluted balcony. Right over a house so I guess the heat interfers too hehe.

SO here is my 10 sec sub.

post-24305-133877746151_thumb.jpg

Nice progress Cloengaa. For 10s I think thats some good data in there, yet still more can be dragged out of it with some post processing, even in my unskilled hands. Is there a reason you plumped at 10s exposure? I assume its just because of the polar alignment, but certainly I would expect a lot more out of the NEQ6 and I am sure you would be impressed with the captures at say 1minute.

Having a play is the fun part and you are already off to a good start.

Well I took 5 secs and then 10 sec exposures....next time I might try 15 and 20 secs. Just slowly upgrading time to see how much is too much hehe. Hopefully this weekend I will be getting a car and then I will be going to a dark place and really polaralign and all.

Archived