NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hope someone can answer this last question about primary and cell...

How should I clean the attached mirror and cell together. After taking it out of the tube. I don't want rust to hurt the cell parts. On my xt10"Orion scope.

Would a final wash/rinse using an alcohol solution do the job? Pat

How should I clean the attached mirror and cell together. After taking it out of the tube. I don't want rust to hurt the cell parts. On my xt10"Orion scope.

Would a final wash/rinse using an alcohol solution do the job? Pat

I wouldn't use anything but de ionised water as a final rinse.

Why leave it in the cell, it can't be too difficult to remove it surely?

Ron.

no reason not to leave in cell and don't worry too much about moisture in the cell as this will dry quickly (as it will if it dews when brought inside and then dries overnight). most parts are aluminium or stainless steel probably anyway.

many large truss dob owners wash their mirrors in the scope let alone in the cell as the risk of damage is higher when removing the mirror than it is in washing in situ.

if you prefer to remove the cell, mark the edge of the mirror where one of the clips is and remember which spot on the OTA this is closest to. this will enable you to put it back the same way but it's not totally critical.

I wouldn't use anything but de ionised water as a final rinse.

Why leave it in the cell, it can't be too difficult to remove it surely?

Ron.

Whoa! DON'T USE DE IONISED WATER it leaves marks.

I think Ron meant Distilled water for final rinse or Water purified by reverse osmosis.

Regards Steve

Archived