Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st time Saturn

Bobby1970

Stayed up late last night especially to observe Saturn. I decided to use the Skymax 90 i have just got secondhand.

Did a bit on Mars early on but couldn't really make any detail out at all. But it still looked better than my ST102. Then a bit of Cluster viewing (not as good as my ST102). Came in for a drink. Relocated my scope to the other end of the garden to get a better view of Saturn.

My word it was a beautiful site. Even with a 20mm eyepiece it was awesome. Got some really good views with the Skymax 90 saw some banding and a moon, which i presume is Titan???. Tried 20mm, 10mm and even a 6mm eyepiece. Tried barlowing them all with varying degrees of success (not very good on the 6mm)

Well worth staying up for. I must do it again and try some imaging with my webcam, but last night was all about observing Saturn and i am glad i did.

I was outside Saturday night just gazing at Saturn, the moon spoiled my viewing a bit, so in turn Saturn looked quite dull. Mind you in some respects that wasn't such a bad thing, ok so I couldn't image it as it wasn't really bright enough but I could still make out the banding & I just see Titan. I was out there for nearly 2 hours looking at it too, it blows me away every time I see it.

Archived