Help with my Celestron SCT 11'

Agree with Mike, if properly collimated then I can see little reason for not focusing. Personally I'd wind the primary all the way back to the rear cell and then check collimation during daylight hours using this Daylight Collimation method then tweaking on a good star. This is where a B&D type folding work bench or OTA cradle comes in handy.

Is this your 1st scope ?

Okay GregO, let's back up a bit.

What do you mean when you say it won't focus?

Are you getting any image of a star at all?

In what respect is it not focused?

Comet shaped, or a large blob instead of a round dot, or what?

Knowing this will help

Michael

no one can help?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

You will very likely find the solution to your issue, given that plenty of members have scopes similar to or the same as yours.

But please do remember that we are a forum consisting of normal folk interested in astronomy, who enjoy chatting and discussing astronomy related topics, not just a helpdesk for issues that telescope owners face. I am sure that the members will help you with your C11 problem as best they can, and in their own time.

In the meantime, enjoy what the forum has to offer.

Thanks

Tim

Hmm,

I have the C11 and recently fitted the Bob's knobs. Made no impact of the focus....

Does the collimation look OK? Symmetrical "doughnut"?

What set-up are you using? Diagonal? eyepiece?

When you look at a distant object does it focus?

What ever the issue, I'd think it is very easily resolved...

Archived