Registax 6 hangs

JamesF

Once in a while Registax 6 (6.1.0.8, to be precise) hangs whilst aligning or stacking on my Win7 laptop and has to be killed off using the task manager.

Anyone else have this problem, or am I just usually gifted?

James

My laptop struggles with most attempts at using Registax. It has a dual core 1.6 GHz core2 CPU and 2GB of RAM so not very powerful by today's standards.

I have had success on some early attempts when I was using BMPs, but when I tried to use TIFs it just sat there looking like it wasn't doing anything when it was trying to align. I put this down to it only having 2GB of memory and only 200MB free with images loaded into registax.

This was with only 19 images too, so I can't imagine that it will get any better as I increase the amount of sub frames.

What image format do people prefer to use when working with Registax?

The only other crash I've had is when I was working with images I'd cropped myself. This meant they were all slightly different sizes and caused it to crash. As soon as I trimmed them all to exactly the same size, it ran perfectly fine.

I've tried Registax 6 many times in WinXP and Win7, it always gets stuck half way through the alignment phase. v6 is really hopeless, it just hangs all the time for me too

I have an I7 quad core desktop PC, 3GB ram, SSD and HDD drives. I would have thought that was OK to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived