Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help set me up . please........ any one

andrewoco1

hi i have not long got a 130p sw and have found my self wanting to get some good pics with it i used my standard digi cam and got a few nice pics, i now have a canon 1100d and would love it if some 1 could give me some info and helpon getting set up and also on the list of things i have in mind to get, to start taking some good pics the first thing i thought of was a Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece 8 to 24 and a Baader Hyperion Zoom barlow 2.25x if any 1 could tell me a good bracket to look at to attach the cam to my 130p sw that would be great and the t adapter to fix the eyepice to the cam ,dont really want to get lots of eyepices so getting a good zoom seems best any info,tips and now how on the list and getting set up would be great thanks for your time

alll the best

andy

hi i have not long got a 130p sw and have found my self wanting to get some good pics with it i used my standard digi cam and got a few nice pics, i now have a canon 1100d and would love it if some 1 could give me some info and helpon getting set up and also on the list of things i have in mind to get, to start taking some good pics the first thing i thought of was a Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece 8 to 24 and a Baader Hyperion Zoom barlow 2.25x if any 1 could tell me a good bracket to look at to attach the cam to my 130p sw that would be great and the t adapter to fix the eyepice to the cam ,dont really want to get lots of eyepices so getting a good zoom seems best any info,tips and now how on the list and getting set up would be great thanks for your time

alll the best

andy

which mount do you have andy? is it the dob or the one on a EQ mount only reason i ask is because of weight a dslr is a little heavier than a digi cam

also what were you thinking of imaging? planets moon DSO's

im not sure on the eyepeice n barlow you have posted hopefully some one be able to help u with them

on zoom eyepeices i picked up a cheap SW one on astroboot a while ago i used it on my PST i was really pleased with it the baader was said to be better than it too

Hi Andy, with AP, you are using the scope & camera rather than EP'S. You will need a T-ring to connect your camera to your scope's focuser, and maybe a T-Adapter. To be honest though, it will depend on the mount you have with your scope; this is the main issue in AP, everything has to be fairly sturdy to get decent pics, the weight of your camera will cause problems on a lightweight mount. Also, this setup would be mainly for DSO imaging, for planetary imaging, you would use a webcam, rather than a DSLR.

As hemihaggis says, a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' by Steve Richards is a good idea to start with, or alternatively, just google for now :D

thanks to all of you first for getting back so fast great info i will defo look at the book all ways good to start with a read up on anything thanks for the link ,thanks psychobilly for doing the threads,to garethmob i have a eq 2 mount as i am getting in to this hobby i see it is not the best mount lol i would like to take pics of both moon planets and DSO'S any more info im all ears lol

For a eq2 (assuming u have motors on it) it may be better to just put the camera with a lens on the tripod for wide field AP

Steves book is amazing. It is the bible of astrophotography FLO sell it or get it out of Steves (steppenwolf) (( hope iv spelt it right now:P) website ( it's in his signature)

But you are fairly limited with the eq2. Trust me I tried :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for info gaz i dont have motors on it but if i was going to get well in to it would it be best to jus buy a better mount and if so what 1 would you say is a good ap one to go for thanks i dont really want to get my cam moded so i was thinking of jus fixing the cam to the eyepice any good ? thanks again for the tips mate

Hey there,

I Have the Baader Zoom 8-24mm + x2.25 Barlow Lens...I was looking into exactly the same thing a little while ago in order to use my impending purchase of a Canon 600D.

It's pretty straight forward from what I have read...Click this link and it takes you to the official Baader PDF that explains exactly how to attach your camera to the eyepiece...and yes, you can have the barlow attached to it also.

http://www.baader-planetarium.com/pdf/hyperion_brief_description_e.pdf

You can buy the adapter rings here...If you have the Baader Barlow Zoom x2.25 you will already havr the T" Adapter, you just need the T-Ring

First Light Optics - Search Results

I have the Orion XT8 which, as previously mentioned, you need to check if you need a counterweight to balance out your scope...I will need to do a little DIY job on mine when I come to do it so I can balance it out.

Buuuut, there is the option of a webcam...I am getting mine soon and def the best way for capturing planets especially without a tracking motor (which I don't have the pleasure of)

Here is a link for which webcam recommended for this - If I were you, I would buy one that has been modified already with the IR Cut Filter installed in it.

SPC900NC | eBay

I hope I have helped somewhat :headbang:

Dan :D

Hey Andrew,

Glad to help, I have asked all sorts of questions and had lots of help off this forum, the least I could do is share what I have learnt :D

I got the First Light Optics wrong with the link...see this one:

First Light Optics - Baader Planetarium

In regards to whether it works with your scope...It would def work but whther it would balance once your camera is attached as well is another story.

I don't know enough about other scopes as I am still fairly new to all this as well...I spend most of my time when on the net trawling through forums etc trying to learn it all, it's a minefield! lol.

If you need anything else, I will try my best to help :headbang:

Dan.

it seems we are at the same point in this new hobby dan iv got the canon 1100d jus used it for the first time last night with a very bright moon seem to work pritty good with jus holding the cam to the eyepice but it has made me want to get the eyepice zoom and the t adapter and t ring even more iv got the pics in my profile all the best mate and thanks again

Archived