Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barlow / EP

I'm getting my scope soon this week, that if the provider don't mess up. It is a Skyliner 8" dob. dual fit 1.25" / 2" focuser.

My first investment will be a 2x Barlow. Would that be good investment and which kind should I get? or is it better to start off with a 3x or 1.5? And would I get a 2" or 1.25" barlow? Eyepieces provided are 1.25" of 25mm and 10mm.

Investment after that will be better eyepiece. For now I'm going for planet observing, any tips which eyepiece I should get? And is 2" better than 1.25"?

on both barlow and EP I need it as cheap as possible but with decent quality.

You are far more likely to want to 'barlow' a 12mm or similar...& these come in 1.25" so.. a 1.25" barlow will get more use than a 2"

I got a used 2.5x (revelation/GSO/whoever) barlow for £25...& had the chance to try it last night in a 200pds with some X-cel LX eyepieces...great views of mars & jupiter. For lower mag. views...the 26mm or 32mm panaviews come in 2inch fitting

Archived