Some help here

I got 1145P today. But I need to step up the magnification. I am open to all sorts of options EPs Barlows etc.

These are the EPs available

Eyepiece | Super Plossl Eyepiece 1.25"OD

And good quality barlows

Eyepiece | The Benefits Of Barlow Lens

The colour corrected achromats are the ones that I plan to get.

2x is of antares the 3x one I have no idea.Please help me

You should first tell us what eyepieces you have. You may find that one or two extra eyepieces will do more for you than a barlow. Personally I've never owned a barlow: nothing wrong with them, I've just not so far seen the need for my purposes.

The 1145p is f4 telescope, with a paraboloid mirror.

It will deliver some super widefield views of the skies.

I wouldn't get too hung up on magnificaition though, I would suggest x250 as a maximum, but others may disagree on that. A lot will depend on your seeing conditions. It is a rich field scope at f4.

Build your Eyepiece and Barlow collection around 200x, perhaps a little more for really good nights. There are some noted eyepiece experts on SGL, and I would await their advice before committing your money.

Enjoy your new instrument Amit.:)

Ron.

Hate to disagree but I would doubt you will get anything useful beyond 160x.

At (if) f4 then a 4mm eyepiece will give 114x.

There are not that many good 4mm eyepieces, except for a fair amount of money, you will need a good barlow to push the magnification, again cost.

I know that you can get a TMB at 3.2mm that makes 145x.

You can try barlows and eyepieces that will give on paper 200x but I seriously doubt you will actually see anything through the scope.

I wouldn't get to hung on the idea the more you magnify the more you see, there's a sweet spot for all scopes, your going to have to find yours, it certainly won't be above 200X the seeing condition just won't allow it...

I have the EPs that came with the scope ie super 10 and 20. I dont want to push the magnification beyond 160x, If i want 150x then 3x barlow+super 10 and if 166x then plossl 6+2x barlow. My only doubt is that are these barlows good enough to be used with the scope?

The 10mm that comes with Skywatcher scopes is not so good so you might want to invest in a better quality 10mm or maybe an 8mm and something like a Tal 2x barlow. With the scope collimated correctly that will be about your tops. You could also buy a decent wide fov EP too.

Actually the dealer in india doesnt keep tal barlow.

This is an antares 2x barlow achromat and colour corrected which is around 40 british pounds. The 3x barlow I have no idea and apochromatics are wayyy tooo costly. Are the achromats any good or equally good or atleast tolerable?

Archived