NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CdC not updating star shart

Gina

I think I may have found the reason CdC sometimes takes me to the wrong location in the sky.

Yesterday, I did some daytime imaging (solar and lunar) and left things running. Later I chose a star near the southern horizon and slewed to it. The scope was then pointing into the ground! So I checked the Date/Time settings in the Preferences and they were correct. Then clicked OK and saw the star chart update and showing the pointing circles at a different position on the chart. When I placed the slewing circle back on the star the scope slewed right onto it.

I thought CdC continuously updated it's star chart but it seems mine isn't doing that. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal? Does it need to be manually refreshed?

Hi Gina,

From the Setup menu, select the "Date /time" item. There are 2 checkboxes in there: "Use System Time" & "Auto Refresh Every", with the latter having an input box next to it to specify a refresh time.

Are these both checked or not?

Hi Gina,

From the Setup menu, select the "Date /time" item. There are 2 checkboxes in there: "Use System Time" & "Auto Refresh Every", with the latter having an input box next to it to specify a refresh time.

Are these both checked or not?

Yes, they are. Auto Refresh Every 60 secs. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Ah... Just been and fetched my netbook and checked CdC. The "Auto Refresh Every" checkbox had become unchecked. It used to be checked! That would seem to be it then - thank you :)

Now hoping for a clear night to check it...

Archived