NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leap Moon

samtheeagle

Mrs Eagle has been asking me for ages to get her a "nice picture of the moon to put up on the wall" so on the 29th of Feb I finally got around to it for her :)

I used my 6" Maksutov and my Canon 350D to capture this image, which is a stich of 6 panes combined with Microsoft ICE.

post-16299-133877741022_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it, and more importantly, so is the wife :) She has also demanded that I capture images of all the messier objects, which is quite a project, but certaily something to aim for... It could take some time though.

She has also demanded that I capture images of all the messier objects, which is quite a project, but certaily something to aim for... It could take some time though.

Quite. Depending on the level of detail you're after I reckon that could be a project that takes several years unless you fancy emigrating to somewhere like Chile or Hawaii.

James

Sam

Is this the one you mentioned in my Mak/DSLR thread? Nice job.

(PS. Will you be flipping the image the right way up for Mrs Eagle, or doesn't she worry about these things..? Mrs Mak would insist...) :)

I can't stop fiddling with this picture :D It's addictive. So many different ways to present the same raw data, hours of fun! Yeah, I should get out more... Anyhoo, here's the same correction and adjustments, but with the colour maintained. I can't decide which I like best.

Opinions?

post-16299-133877743316_thumb.jpg

Archived