Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cartes du Ciel EQmod disconnection

SgtBilko

I encountered a strange problem tonight and before I start uninstalling / reinstalling I thought I would see advice.

Set up my EQ6 - EQDir - EQMod - Gamepad - Cartes rig as usual.

Slewed the mount to Jupiter to test..... fine

grabbed my gamepad for fine adjustments..... dead

went to the EQTools screen and clicked E slew..... dead

Went to Cartes / Telescope..... said it was connected but bottom left of the main Cartes screen it said telescope disconnected.

So disconnected and reconnected the EQmod..... gamepad and EQTools fine.

Slewed the mount using Cartes.... dead gamepad and EQTools. Cartes would stlll slew to objects.

basically every time I used Cartes to slew to an object the Gamepad dropped its connection. To reconnect I had to disconnect and reconnect the telescope.

I did google and search the forum for an answer but couldn't find one. Please forgive me if this has already been answered I too hate it when people are too lazy to search and jump straight to question....not me !!

Had a similar experience to night too with similar set up - I just right clicked on EQMOD icon on the task bar and closed it then closed the connection in CdC - then re-opened the connection through CdC and it then brought up EQMOD and all was well.

Sounds like a good idea, not sure it helps me as the gamepad worked fine with EQmod during polar alignment and anytime (hour or so) until I got Catres to slew to object. Every time I slewed the gamepad / Eqmod disconnected from the mount.

Thanks anyway

Ian

Had a similar experience to night too with similar set up - I just right clicked on EQMOD icon on the task bar and closed it then closed the connection in CdC - then re-opened the connection through CdC and it then brought up EQMOD and all was well.
Yes, same here. Seems to happen quite often. A pain when you see a planet disappearing off the screen and you have a video capture running.

Archived