Sourcing a SkyWatcher 200P FlexTube Auto

Hello Everyone, My first post and I'm looking for help. I've been trying to buy a SkyWatcher Skyliner 200P FlexTube Auto this week and it looks like they are now discontinued in the UK. The sites that I have tried all appear to get theirs from the same overall supplier (I've talked in person to a couple and had orders refunded from two). Does anyone know if it is still possible to pick up one of these scopes in the UK? Thanks in advance, Mark.

I bought mine from a friend of a friend but had to go collect it (long trip as my home town is 140mile away) so I spoke to Zoltan only a week and a half ago as I was weighing up the price difference with fuel costs, he said then he could secure one for me. The one on ebay is worth it especially if you can't get them anymore, but obviously it depends where you are in relation to the seller.

365 said they'd been disappearing for a while and are finally all gone. I'm West Coast of Scotland , seller is in Whitby so it's a toughie... I've also asked Optical-Systems.co.uk (German company) as they have them listed, in the hope they might get theirs from a different supplier.

Email from Optical Systems in Germany... "Can I check, are you still able to source this scope? UK re-sellers are no longer able to supply one at all, so I would purchase one from yourselves, regardless of the lead time, if you can get them." "thank you for the information, we just got the same information from the wholesaler a few minutes ago. the telscope is not available any more. sorry! " Looks like they've discontinued it. Bit gutted really - it was a good match for me.

I am new to SGL and this is my first post!

I was also watching the one on ebay!

Can someone comment on what would be the best dob? I have been looking at the 200 or 250 skliner and flex tube but am unsure if auto is better? Or just push? I am also thinking about the Meade light bridge. Thougts? ive been using the little 76 mini dob and been to a couple of stargazing sessions. I want a scope I can use for planets, deep space and stars and will probably look to use an SLR camera for some basic shots.

Thanks!

Dave

Hello Everyone, My first post and I'm looking for help. I've been trying to buy a SkyWatcher Skyliner 200P FlexTube Auto this week and it looks like they are now discontinued in the UK. The sites that I have tried all appear to get theirs from the same overall supplier (I've talked in person to a couple and had orders refunded from two). Does anyone know if it is still possible to pick up one of these scopes in the UK? Thanks in advance, Mark.

How are you getting on ?

Hopefully, I have one! Thank you very much to Sarah for the tip - Teleskop Service were holding stock and I ordered one from them today. Just heard in the last hour that it's out on the van (UPS) somewhere in Germany so should be with me by end of play Wednesday - just in time for the rain after 2 or 3 good nights here! Many thanks again for all the helpful suggestions - Stargazers Lounge is a really nice group (reminds me of when I used to have a beetle :)) M.

The same thing happened with the 250 auto last year - and funnily enough Teleskop Service was the only place I could source it!

I think this is Skywatcher moving out the auto (which was easy to upgrade to goto) in favour of the more profitable goto. I hear rumours there is a Deluxe range coming out soon too :)

I am new to SGL and this is my first post!

I was also watching the one on ebay!

Can someone comment on what would be the best dob? I have been looking at the 200 or 250 skliner and flex tube but am unsure if auto is better? Or just push? I am also thinking about the Meade light bridge. Thougts? ive been using the little 76 mini dob and been to a couple of stargazing sessions. I want a scope I can use for planets, deep space and stars and will probably look to use an SLR camera for some basic shots.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave - you're definitely going to need tracking if you want to use a DSLR so the auto or goto versions are what you'll need.

Well, I ordered it on Monday and if UPS tracking is anything to go by, it's currently sitting in my neighbour's house!

I'm feeling uncharacteristically giddy and it's a long time until home-time :D

You don't look too well to me.....probably best to get yourself off home for a lie down......:headbang:

Chris,

I see you've got a 250 synscan. While I'm daydreaming about unboxing, would you happen to know if I'd be able to control my Auto using Starmap Pro straight out of the box (Stapmap Pro can "talk Synscan" apparently) or would I need to upgrade to a GOTO handset and get Starmap Pro to drive my scope through that?

Just idle fantasy just now but it's clear to me internally that I'll blow good money on this eventually :D

M.

Archived