NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reverse Camera LENS to T adapter

JimStan

I know this question has been asked before, but the answer led me to a thorough search of the internet, with no positive results. So I am going to try to ask it again. Maybe the time interval between the last thread and this one will yield different ( hopefully more positive ) results.

Here is the situation. I just recently purchased an inexpensive Meade DSI - 1 CCD camera from another fellow on another forum. I am very happy with the camera, but it gives a very narrow FOV when attached to my Celestron C-8 or my Meade ETX-90.

Recently, a friend happened to mention his "reverse" Nikon bayonet to T ring adapter, which I subsequently tried on a Nikon 80-200 mm zoom telephoto lens. I haven't actually been able to try it out under the stars, but experiments with it have shown that there is real potential for taking shots of DSO with 1 or 2 degree actual FOVs !

Now the question. This friend has no idea where this adapter came from, and we would really like to get another one or two to work with our cameras and lenses.

Does anybody have an idea WHAT adapter this might be ? There are lots of adapters out there that attach a camera body to "T" mount, but this is the only adapter that I have found that will work with a LENS !

I hope someone has an idea, and can post a reply or followup question. Knowing what this is, and where he got it from would be extremely helpful! Thanks so much. Clear skies !

Jim S.

post-28646-133877738988_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, and please forgive me for not getting back to you sooner. I found out where the adapter originally came from. It was apparently sold with the Orion Starshoot series of cameras ( the ones with the big round heat sink ) , and did not appear to be available separately.

I will hang on to this adapter for dear life, until I can find a replacement for it. In the mean time, I will check out the links Merlin gave us.

Jim

Archived