Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Neo. filter

gooseholla

Hello

Is the Baader Neodymium filter as good as people make out? Getting ready to buy a LP or UHC filter in the next couple of weeks and so far the £20 skywatcher one is leading for me. But would the Baader one do as much as it says, and/or work as good as a UHC?

Mainly going to be on a 4.3" cass, but also a 8 inch newt.

Thanks

John

About which one being an all-rounder? The UHC has been described as such, but only for nebula and only compared to the narrowband OIII as far as I know. I have both and they are both excellent filters if that was your concern...

That may well be another way of saying things, but the narrowband filters are spefically targetted to certain wavelengths of light, whereas the Baader Neo is specifically designed to exclude certain wavelengths IMO, not sure if they enhance certain targets, only to exclude certain distractions I would have thought.

Archived