Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hilkinson 11 x 70 from fleabay

Solo05

I found a set of Hilkinson Jupitor 11 x 70's on the dreaded site a couple of weeks ago and made a punt for them. At £212 new and being Japanese I thought these would be ideal for astronamy. Well I got them for £70. Now was the worry before delivery that they were OK.

To my delight, once they had arrive, I gave them a good clean and checked for collimation and as far as I could see in daylight they were perfect. Night viewing would have to wait with all the cloud cover we have been having. A couple of nights later and a break in the clouds had me holding them up to Jupitor.

Perfect :p.

I have since had them out with me over the weekend and these things are so sharp you could shave with them. The Orion nebular was amazing. Stars look good right up to about 95% of the outside edge. No false colour on the moons edge and M31 as good as with my 100mm ED reflector.

I think I was dead lucky to find these as they do not often come up for sale, and no wonder as they are so good.

Archived