NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 ... again ;O)

Moon monkey

This is my latest effort :p

60 x lights @ 60 seconds

60 Darks

ISO 800

What should I be doing now to move up to the next level ? Is it just more subs ? I have no guiding, I want to see how far I can go with the setup I have first :)

I have a big problem with light polution at the moment, so I have used a LP filter ....but will be doing all my imaging from a dark site from next friday :)

Thanks for your help

Cheers MM

post-26062-13387773789_thumb.jpg

Good job,

Taking some flats would definatly be the next step, and then the next step after that would be longer subs which would ideally need guiding, or indeed going somewhere dark where you dont need the LP filter.

60 subs is already quite a few, even if you doubled it I don't think the difference would be that noticeable.

just in case you didnt read the post in my thread,

this is all i had after stacking.

this is 30x60sec subs iso 800 and the same in darks.

the hardest bit is the post processing.

orion3.jpg

watch this video,

it helped me a lot, i still cant get the hang of the curves bit.

MM, that's a very good result, it's good to see some detail in the outer parts of the region. I guess the next step would be to try and capture some of the detail in the core with some shorter exposures and then merge that with the detail in the outer core to try and represent the dynamic range.

Archived